TUFLITE Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheets
Product:TUFLITE Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheets
Description: Multiwall Polycarbonate sheet with UV Coating and for diffused light
Multiwall polycarbonate sheets give extra strength to the polycarbonate sheets. They are manufactured by sandwiching vertical partitions of polycarbonate material between two layers of polycarbonate sheets. This increases their load bearing capacity, and provides better thermal insulation.
TUFLITE Polycarbonate Sheets with UV Coating
TUFLITE UV Protection TUFLITE multiwall sheets restrict the transmission of more than 99.9 % of harmful UV barrier protects the sheet from physical degradation and discoloration.
The sheets remain stable under extreme temperature conditions (-40 C to + 120 C)
TUFLITE Multiwall polycarbonate sheets are suitable for use in areas prone to fire hazards; inherently the sheets are self extinguishing and do not aid flames spread. These sheets conform to most international standards on fire retardance. TUFLITE Multiwall polycarbonate sheets do not release toxic fumes and hence pose no hazard to human life in case of fire.
TUFLITE Multiwall polycarbonate sheets are suitable for use in high wind load areas.
Handling, Storage and Cleaning
- Store sheets on a flat surface (with the longest length at the bottom).
- Ensure polycarbonate sheets are not stored in direct sunlight.
- When stored in a stack, sunlight may cause the sheet to heat up and distort. Masking film may be difficult to remove.
- Ensure sheets are protected against atmospheric conditions.
- Use timber bearers to support sheets.
- Rinse sheet with lukewarm water. Wash with mild soap or detergent and a soft cloth or sponge. hose down thoroughly.
- Dry the polycarbonate sheets with soft cloth to prevent water marks.
- Do not allow moisture to enter the flutes.
- Ensure the storage area where the multiwall sheets are stored is well ventilated.
TUFLITE Multiwall polycarbonate sheets are affected by: benzene, petrol, ketones, acetone, phenols, chlorinated and aromatic hydrocarbons and petroleum based paints, abrasive cleaners and solvents.
Standard Dimensions of the Sheets
|Structure||Thickness (mm)||Weight/Sq.m||Width (mm)||Length (mm)|
|Twin Wall||4.5mm||1.1kg||1210-2100mm||5900 – 11800mm|
|-||6.0mm||1.3kg||1210-2100mm||5900 – 11800mm|
|-||8.0mm||1.5kg||1210-2100mm||5900 – 11800mm|
|-||10.0mm||1.7kg||1210-2100mm||5900 – 11800mm|
|Triple Wall||10.0 mm||2.0kg||1210 – 2100mm||5900 – 11800mm|
|-||16.0mm||2.7kg||1210 – 2100mm||5900 – 11800mm|
|6 Walled||16.0mm||2.8kg||2100mm||5900 – 11800mm|
|-||20.0mm||3.1kg||2100mm||5900 – 11800mm|
TUFLITE Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheet Properties
|Yield Stress||66||Mpa||ISO 527|
|Stress at Break||70||Mpa||ISO 527|
|Yield Strain||6.2||%||ISO 527|
|Strain at Break||120||%||ISO 527|
|Tensile Modulus||2200||Mpa||ISO 889|
|Impact strength||80||kJ/m2||ISO 7391|
|Izod Notched||90||kJ/m2||ISO 180|
|Refraction Index||1.58||n||ISO 489|
|Moisture Absorption||0.30||%||ISO 62|
|Linear thermal expansion||0.65||10-4 / K||ISO 11359|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.20||W (m-K)||ISO 8320|
|VICAT Softening Point||146||C||ISO 306|
|VICAT Softening Point||146||C||ISO 306|
|Service Temp||-40 to + 120||C||-|
The Installation System Explained
TUFLITE Multiwall versatile polycarbonate glazing system is advanced in design yet simple to install. The sheets simply slot into an H-Bar ready for fixing to the structure. A two piece H-Bar is also available for increased flexibility. The glazing bar allows for thermal expansion and eliminates the need for penetration through the sheet; hence the structure is 100% water tight.
- Aluminium Two Piece H-Bar
- Standard Colours: Mill Finish
- Standard Lengths: 3.66m
Edge U Sealing Profile Polycarbonate
- Standard Colour: Clear, Bronze, Opal
- Standard Length: 1210 mm and 2100 mm
- Seals the edges of Multiwall sheet to avoid entry of water/dust
Joint H Profile Polycarbonate
- Standard Colour : Clear, Bronze, Opal
- Standard Length : 5800 mm and 11800 mm
- To cover and join 2 Multiwall sheets from its edges
Mamata Roofings is a dealer for TUFLITE Multiwall Polycarbonate roofing sheets in Pune and neighbouring areas.